Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

UT acquisition never ends

I have had thi issue in the past and

TAC provided me a patch under bug id CSCtd49439 but I seem to

have the same problem again

I have this acquisition runnng since the 9th and it as never stopped and I don't know why it is showing 45855 hosts, the most we have less than 10000 hosts. Can anyone tell me what cuould be wrong with my server?

I'm running LMS3.2 on Solaris 10.

Acquisition status Running
Acquisition type Major
Acquisition start time 09 Oct 2010, 05:00:00 EDT
Last Acquisition end time 08 Oct 2010, 07:44:01 EDT
Number of acquisitions 1155
Number of host entries 45855
Number of duplicate MAC 21341
Number of duplicate IP 89
Number of CCM hosts 0
Number of IP phone entries 0
Last campus data collection completed at  11 Oct 2010, 12:14:33 EDT
Campus data collection status  Idle

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: UT acquisition never ends

A never-ending UT acquisition is not the same as the problem described by CSCtd49439.  That would also not account for an inflated number of end hosts.  Without knowing the exact details of the end hosts, I do know we had an old bug in Campus 4.x where UT would generate perpetual duplicates.  This was fixed in 4.0.11, but one would need to reinitialize the ANI database to remove the duplicates.  If this is an upgrade from LMS 2.6, then perhaps you still have old, stale data.  Running this command would fix that:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/campus/bin/reintdb.pl -ut

As for the never-ending UT, check to see if the UTMajorAcquisition process is still running.  If so, contact TAC, and they can walk you through the process to get a thread dump from this process.  That will help identify what the process is doing and whether or not this is some kind of deadlock, or a configuration issue.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content