cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UT cli on LMS 3.2

raindrop18
Level 1
Level 1

I have a script using ut cli commands to dump UT from LMS server to other server. however every time the script running the ut cli command, the copy of the dump csv file written on LMS server at /var/tmp directory. my question is how I can avoid that or any options to restrict to be written the copy of the csv file on /var/tmp? because I have to clean up this huge csv file manually from /var/tmp.thanks for in advance for any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I filed CSCtc31905 to track this.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can specify the output location as such: "/opt/CSCOpx/campus/bin/ut -cli -export ${source-directory}/${source-file} [other options]"

thanks for the response, actually the file is correctly exported to destination file. the problem is the copy of that exported file saved on LMS server /var/tmp directory. and I don't want that. I use the same script on on my old LMS 2.6 didn't copy and file on LMS server but on this new LMS 3.2 do that. here is the command I use from my other server to LMS server "system('/usr/local/bin/ssh jonD@LMS-server /opt/CSCOpx/campus/bin/ut -u XXX -p XXX -cli -query all -layout corp > /tmp/ut-data

Doh, I overlooked the part about the "other server". So if I understand correctly, the "other server" is running the script that remotes (ssh) into the LMS server, and exports UT data to /tmp/ut-data of the "other server".

Now the question becomes: While you don't want UT data to be written to /var/tmp on the LMS server, is there another location on the LMS server that you don't mind letting that file sit temporarily?

Also, does the file in /var/tmp always have the same name?

thanks a lot we are on the same page now!!! I don't mind if the file sit temporarily on /var/tmp however temporary means for how long? I have a file written almost since LMS 3.2 installed which is more than 30 days and keep adding each day. regarding the question about"does the file in /var/tmp always have the same name" yes it has the same name always.so the question is for how long this temporary file stayed on /var/tmp ? is there any mecahnisim on LMS to clean up this temp file? or I need to schedule cron job on LMS server a /dev/null command to clean up /ver/tmp?

Thanks?

This is a bug which is easily fixed. If you open a TAC service request, I can provide you with a patch.

thanks J. what is the bug number to refer to TAC ? or just refer your name to get the patch?

I filed CSCtc31905 to track this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: