Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Utilizing Stack Compression

Discussion point/Question centers around the viability of utlizing stack compression on remote LANs connecting via satellite to a service provider. Currently, some offices I assist are working under severe bandwidth limitations but require much more data transmission then there is available. As I understand it, stack compression simply requires each interface to be configured to enable compression. Overall, the efficiency is improved by up to 450% and packet loss is also reduced. What (if any) pitfalls present itself in the real world application of use and are there any drawbacks, such as overloading the interface/router? I suppose the layman would ask, "If this stack compression is so great an option, why haven't I heard about it and why isn't it utilized more?" I would welcome all discussion, supporting explanations or differing views.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Utilizing Stack Compression

Could you make sure you are talking about SNMP object cCdmaPppCompressStackCons (its for Total number of PPP connections that use stack compression since system was last restarted ) or anything.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content