Views
Helpful
Replies

UTlite (Problem=noUsername) LMS=2.6 CM=4.09 for Unix

lcolimoro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The sniffing confirms the W/station is sending utlite packets on udp/16236 port to the CWserver.

CampusManager-- Acquisition settings--"Get user names from hosts in NT and NDS domains" is enabled and udp port=16236

The "netstat -an" does not show any udp/16236 in listen on the unix server.

I unsuccessfully tried the solution , even reading all the messages regarding the UTlite in this forum!

Please help me!

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please provide the /opt/CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/ANIServer.properties as well as the ani.log.

I have attached the files

Thanks

I see no indication of any problems with ANIServer binding to port 16236. You should try restarting dmgtd, and see if ANIServer can open the socket then. Before doing that, enable vmpsadmin debugging under Campus Manager > Admin > Campus Data Collection > Debugging Options. Then the resulting ani.log might have more clues as to whether or not it is attempting to initialize the UTLite server.

Sir,

I have follwed your instructions but still the username is not showing up into the database.

Is the UDP/16236 port appear in Listen if I do "netstat -an " ?

Yes, you should see the following in the netstat -an output:

*.16236 Idle

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: