cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UTLite

ohassairi
Level 5
Level 5

we try to make UTLite working in cisco works LMS. but we obtain for every user : system@hhh.com as username !

our microsoft admin said : Most probably because the script is executed upon startup under the security context of the computer system not the user account.

note : all users have no admin priviliges on their computers.

did any one face this problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, this is a known issue. UTLite uses the Windows GetUserName() function to obtain the currently logged on username. If the login script, and UTLite are not running as the user logging into the system, then you will see system@domain instead of the actual username.

You would need to make sure the user executes UTLite33.exe. Admin privileges should not be required to do this.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, this is a known issue. UTLite uses the Windows GetUserName() function to obtain the currently logged on username. If the login script, and UTLite are not running as the user logging into the system, then you will see system@domain instead of the actual username.

You would need to make sure the user executes UTLite33.exe. Admin privileges should not be required to do this.

thanks for your help. now i can obtain username correct for every computer.

but hostname is usually equal to computer IP address. is this normal?

UTLite has nothing to do with hostnames. A UTLite packet contains username, MAC address, and IP address only. The hostname is obtained by performing address resolution on the IP address. This requires that you have name resolution support enabled for User Tracking, and all of your end host IP addresses are either in DNS or in the server's local hosts file.

thanks again for your reply.

for name resolution support, i checked my acquisation settings and i found that :(Use DNS to resolve host names) is enabled.

so i think the problem is in our DNS server. may it does not accept reverse lookup.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: