cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UTU 2.0 error

william.mason
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3 installation of CiscoWorks LMS 3.2 on 3 distinct networks.  UTU 2.0 only works on one of the three.  On the two that fail, both prompt me to download the certificate (the one that works didn't ask me that).  I'm not sure why it's asking me that.  I let the cert download and then try to do a hostname search.  Each time I get the following error: Check whether you have configured the correct server name or port number.  I can take the same settings (servername:1741) and connect fine thru the browser.  One difference between the 3 installations - the two that don't work are using ACS.  Did I forget to configure something in ACS?

Any suggestions?

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you sure the other two servers are not configured for SSL?  That is, when you connect to server:1741, at what URL are you looking at when the portal finally loads?

What might help to see is a sniffer trace filtering on all TCP traffic between the UTU client and the Campus Manager server when reproducing this problem.

I can't post a trace here - the network is classified.  But I can take a capture and compare it to the one network that works.  I'll post what I find.

If you need help analyzing the trace, you can open a TAC service request (assuming you could post the trace to them).

Found the problem - it was me being an idiot.  I had upgraded the one network to CM 5.2.1 a couple of weeks ago but forgot to update the other two networks.  Once I did that, magically UTU 2.0 started working.

Thanks for the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: