Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Viewing remote devices in topology services

Hi,

I recently installed ciscoworks LMS 2.5 for a client of ours. I can correctly see all devices in to topology services except for the remote branches (across WAN links). But i can do a chassis view for all remote routers & swicthes & see these devices graphically.

Is there a way i can see the entire network topology LAN & WAN in the topology services.?

When i do a network discovery the remote routers and devices are not discovered.

Pls help.

Regards

Sonu

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Viewing remote devices in topology services

What are these remote links? (ATM, Serial, etc)

If you do a show cdp neigh on the devices discovered, can they see the remote routers/switches?

add a minimum of one device in each remote loction to the list of seed devices. A restart discovery. This should do the trick.

Discovery relies on CDP but CDP is not carried over WAN links so you are unable to discover these sites automatically if you do not tell LMS that these sites exist ( = adding a seed device from the remote site)

You can view the GUI of those devices as this relies on a IP connectivity an a correct SNMP config for these devices

MArtin

Hi,

thanks a lot. Your suggestion worked. Now i can see all devices including remote ones across WAN links.

Regards

Sonu

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content