Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VLAN Config fetch is not supported using TFTP

Archive Management: RME 4.0.4

VLAN Config fetch is not supported using TFTP

I believe this error appeared after we configured our AAA Server. Also, I thought I've seen this question asked here in the past but a search yielded nothing.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: VLAN Config fetch is not supported using TFTP

This is more of an informational message than an error. The vlan.dat file cannot be fetched using SNMP/TFTP like the startup and running configs. The way RME fetches this file is to telnet or SSH (depending on the protocol order) to the device, then performs a copy flash:vlan.dat tftp:. Therefore, you must have proper telnet/SSH credentials configured in DCR for your devices, and if you are using command authorization on your AAA server, you must allow for the copy command.

Thanks Joe this information is making sense however, I need a little bit more clarification.

Do you mean add a username & password to the Primary Credential for all the devices, then add that username/account to the ACS server with authorization for the copy command?

Secondly, is there a way to setup a "default" credential, password, enable password, RO/RW community strings? So that anytime a device is added to the network those will be the initial parameters used?

Cisco Employee

Each device will need to have its primary username and password and primary enable password populated in DCR. IF you are using command authorization on ACS, then you must also allow support for the copy command. If not, then just make sure CiscoWorks can enable itself on the device.

As for default credentials, this is not currently possible, but we are looking to include this in LMS 3.0 due out late spring CY 2007.

Views
Helpful
Replies