cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN Management

mansoor_nawaz78
Level 1
Level 1

Can we apply a shared Bandwidth for a Specific VLAN, i mean every client of a VLAN share this bandwidth.

4 Replies 4

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

You can certainly do so. The best place to do this would be on the router/switch that performs inter-vlan routing for this VLAN. Apply a QoS service-policy to this interface that shapes/polices the traffic to whatever you require.

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh

I am currently using L3 & L2 envirment, all VLAN creat on the L3 switch, L3 is working in a VTP Server mode and L2 ina client mode, right ?

now please tell me how can i creat this QOS on the L3(3550) switch, where i develop all the VLAN.

I would like to specify the shared bandwdith for the each VLAN in a L3 switches.

Thank You.

ACtually, I must correct something from my last post - you can't apply QoS service-policies to a VLAN interface on a 3550. Therefore, you can't really control total traffic for a VLAN on the 3550.

However you can limit the bandwidth per port using something like the following:

policy-map Policer

class class-default

police 2000000 625000

!

interface fas0/1

service-policy input Policer

service-policy output Policer

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh

Can i apply this policy on VLAN interface, and assigned a Ip address to that interface,

every client set the default gateway of this IP Address,

will it work correct ?

policy-map Policer

class class-default

police 2000000 625000

!

interface vlan 100

service-policy input Policer

service-policy output Policer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: