cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VMS 2.2 basic unsupported FWSM version 3.1.(4)

Hi to all!

How I can import a 3.1.(4) firewall version config into VMS firewall modules?

The max version supported is 2.1.4

VMS import procedure give me this error:

[FWSM3.1.(4)] is not a supported version - no equivalent found

I installed the VMS 2.2 SP3 and the fcs-firewallmc-v1.3.6-w2k-k9.exe, but the max version supported is also 2.1.4.

I have to install another patch?

If I install the VMS 2.3 this problem would be solve?

The VMS 2.3 need a license?

Thanks!

Leonardo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In order to manage the FWSM running 3.1 code, you would need to upgrade to Cisco Security Management Suite Professional Edition. There is a license associated with this.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In order to manage the FWSM running 3.1 code, you would need to upgrade to Cisco Security Management Suite Professional Edition. There is a license associated with this.

tks joe!

Hi joe.

I installed CSM 3.0.1 on windows 2003 server.

During inventory FWSM device module of 6513, CSM give me the follow error:

------------------

Invalid device type : The OS Mode "ROUTER" and the OS multipicity "MULTI" combination is not supported for the device type of Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Firewall Services Module Security Context.\nPlease check if the image is supported for this device type.

--------------------

The device type is the follow

FWSM Version 3.1(4)

In the previous post, that you had answer me, did you mean that I needed CSM 3.1 and not CSM 3.0.1.

If yes, there is a patch about this version from CSM 3.0.1 to CSM 3.1?

Thanks

The FWSM is supported in CSM 3.0.1 provided you manage it directly as opposed to using the embedded CVDM to add the Cat6K and the FWSM, as the embedded CVDM code in CSM 3.0.1 does

not support the FWSM running 3.1. That is, add the FWSM as a standalone device without the discovery of the blade through initial switch discovery.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: