Views
Helpful
Replies

VMS 2.3 working on Windows Server 2003

itsadmins
Level 1
Level 1

Folks,

I have followed the thread regarding VMS 2.3 (not)working on Windows Server 2003. I have setup a server in the lab and have done the following:

1. Install a fresh copy of Windows Server 2000 and applied SP4

2. Install VMS 2.3

3. Test functionality - I have logged in from a remote console and was able to manage our test IPS.

4. Upgrade this same box to Windows Server 2003. Applied SP1

5. Test functionality - I was able to connect via the Web Interface and do some administration on the IPS.

I have not fully tested this nor am I stating that this is fool proof. I am asking if anyone else has done these steps and is anyone running this configuration in a production environment?

I have a bit more testing to do, before i fully commit to this. I will be glad to post my findings.

My apologies if this has been already addressed, but I did not find any posts discussing the possibility of an upgrade.

2 Replies 2

eurobetcco
Level 1
Level 1

HAd the same problem. Eventually roles back to Win 2000. Interested to hear of your findings

Since my original post, I have built a fresh server following the steps of my previous post and deployed the server in production. I have been running it for over a month without any problems.

the VMS box now running on W2K3 is monitoring and updating my IPS 4240 without a hitch. I am able to do all my administrative tasks on this box with no problems.

It was a pain to have to install W2K, VMS and then upgrade to 2003, but it seems to work well without any issues.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: