Views
Helpful
Replies

vNAM !!

rush2amol
Level 1
Level 1

Gentlemen,

I am exploring vNAM and need your expert opinion.

I have a UCS-E module "without" a hypervisor and want to build it as a standalone Windows Server. Is it possible to install vNAM on such server and enable its functionality ?

Regards,

Amol.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No it will not. You will need Virtualized environment either VMWare's ESXi server, where you can deploy NAM software a host machine. Or you can have RHEL with KVM.

On the ESXi server you can use the vNAM's OVA image (nam-app-x86_64.6-0-2.ova) to be deployed as a host. Once connected to the VMware ESXi server, choose File > Deploy OVF Template from vSphere menu bar and point to the OVA image to install.

Similarly on RHEL KVM operating system select and deploy the .iso image to install.

-Thanks

Vinod

**Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Though Prime vNAM software that can be downloaded and installed on any x86 server with the supported virtualization environment. But following are the required Host Configuration Requirements for Prime vNAM:

> Any X86_64 hardware has adequate resources to deploy a virtual environment for Prime vNAM.

> VMware with ESXi or RHEL with KVM installed on the hardware of choice

For mroe details, please check the installation requirement details :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/network_analysis_module_software/vNAM/install/guide/install_req.html#wp1064275

-Thanks

Vinod

Hi Vinod,

Thank you for the reply.

Indeed saw the requirement details but somehow dont find it clear if vNAM would work on a standalone server. So basically if i install Windows Server OS on my UCS-E blade directly wihtout the underlying VMWare Hypervisor ... would it work ?

Tx.

BR,

Amol.

No it will not. You will need Virtualized environment either VMWare's ESXi server, where you can deploy NAM software a host machine. Or you can have RHEL with KVM.

On the ESXi server you can use the vNAM's OVA image (nam-app-x86_64.6-0-2.ova) to be deployed as a host. Once connected to the VMware ESXi server, choose File > Deploy OVF Template from vSphere menu bar and point to the OVA image to install.

Similarly on RHEL KVM operating system select and deploy the .iso image to install.

-Thanks

Vinod