Views
Helpful
Replies

WAN Layout With LMS 3.2

nizar.houichi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have installed Cisco Works LMS 3.2 to adminsitrate and monitor 100 routers connected via Frame Relay Link and IP MPLS connection. I have added all the routers and associate them to the campus manager module. On the toplology services, I have all routers as not connected and reacheble devices. I would like to show the WAN links on the topology, how can I do for that?

Thanks In advance

Houichi Nizar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Campus Manager will only display WAN links if you have a layer 2 connection between your devices over which CDP broadcasts will work. This can be difficult with 3rd party providers in the loop.

One possible work around is to use a GRE tunnel and activate CDP on the Tunnel interfaces. Of course, that's still not a complete picture of your environment.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Campus Manager will only display WAN links if you have a layer 2 connection between your devices over which CDP broadcasts will work. This can be difficult with 3rd party providers in the loop.

One possible work around is to use a GRE tunnel and activate CDP on the Tunnel interfaces. Of course, that's still not a complete picture of your environment.

Hope this helps.