cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What does CNR:IPAM support?

ChrisDurski_2
Level 1
Level 1

Currently in the market for an IPAM solution.  I got my hands on a eval of Network Registrar: IPAM, but it seems very limited.  As if it were only a front end to other systems (DNS, DHCP), and does no actual scanning of subnets.  How is this application fed data?  We use a combination of Microsoft DHCP servers, WLC, Cisco Switches, Routers, and Firewalls to hand out DHCP.  We have plans to implement LMS and NCS, but no plans to turn over DHCP assignment to CNR.  Will this even work in my environment? 

3 Replies 3

perry.lucas
Level 1
Level 1

CNR is great for service providers but lacking compared to other solutions in the Enterprise market. You should take a look at BlueCat Networks or Infoblox. Both are good and the market leaders.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'd receommend either SolarWinds IPAM or Men and Mice's suite. Both are excellent products and which one you choose depends on your requirements.

Infoblox is appliance-based and expects you to be using them for DNS and DHCP to leverage it fully. It's also very costly. I believe BLuecat similarly expects you to use them for your services.

Have a look at the Gartner DDI (DNS, DHCP & IPAM) Marketscope for other competitors.

Personally i feel very comfortable with Infoblox.

On Infoblox, the IPAM can be done using the Infoblox DHCP Service, as well using remote dhcp servers (ie: MS DHCP or others)

Is also part of the Cisco Developer Network, is virtualizable on UCS and also works on Cisco ISR.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: