Views
Helpful
Replies

Whats the Best Network Management & Monitoring application

rodonohu1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Currenlty I use CiscoWorks and Concord for network management and monitoring. I've been given the task to getting a cheaper tool to do both.Preferably one that does both. Have you any suggestions. A tool that allows me to make config changes, keep track of running configs and also monitor devices. We have about 600 devices. I'd really appreciate your suggestions, feedback, pro's and cons.

Thanks all,

Rob.

5 Replies 5

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Solarwinds Orion and Cirrus. Great products and a lot cheaper than Concord. www.solarwinds.net

I am using a Expect Language to Take backup of the Configuraion File. To configure Switches Port in an efficient way.

Thank You.

andrew.burns
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Have you considered open source? You won't get anything as pretty as the CiscoWorks/Concord combo and support can be variable but functionality is mostly there.

HTH

Andrew.

Hi,

Do you have a link to open source?

Nagios is one such opensource tool that provides very good SNMP monitoring capability: http://www.nagios.org/

Its great when you have mutiple vendors' kit and wish to integrate them onto one dashboard or map. You may be able to find a "liveCD" version if you wish to test the waters with it quickly.

There are other opensource tools, but I'm limiting myself to what I have used.