Views
Helpful
Replies

Where is a part of configuration archive file of network devices

helpdesk.d
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

Today I'm already install Cisco Prime 2.1 for my customer but I'm having trouble about backup configuration file. Originally my customer use LMS to backup router/switch configuration and they can copy configuration file from local disk to backup storage immediately in anytime that they want but now when they use Prime 2.1. They not know where is the part that program will save configuration file (.txt or .cfg) to local disk. Prime 2.1 is the appliance box and we can login root to see the linux part.

I don't know that exactly the Cisco Prime will save backup configuration to database file (such as sql file) of text file (.txt or .cfg) and if it save as text. i would like to know where is the part of backup configuration file that I can access to copy it via ftp.

Thank you for advice,

3 Replies 3

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

Right now this feature is not available in PI , enhancement has already been filed to address this issue:

transferring device config archive from PI to other server is not supported and currently
there's no way to achieve this.

Previously, the following enhancement bug was previously raised but I'm not sure whether
this feature will be announced from the further PI version or not.

CSCud84458 Need separate folder for config archives to be stored on NCS/PI

Symptom: Device Configuration can not be retrieved from NCS/Prime Infrastructure using CLI
or an LMS 'shadow' directory equivalent

Conditions: PI 1.x and 2.0 are affected by this limitation.

Workaround: None

Further Problem Description: Unlike precursor products, such as LMS, device configurations
are not natively stored in the filesystem and are rather stored in the inbuilt Oracle DB
as BLOB objects.

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroz,

Thank you for your advice and I hope the next version will enhance this feature.

Thank you 

Hoping to have this feature in next release as this is an IMP feature

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****