Views
Helpful
Replies

Where is the license file?

hxmengmetro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm upgrading 3.0.1 to 3.2 version. In the process of upgrade, the setup program asked me for license file. I was thinking it will automatically found old one. I found several license files in my system:

Under \CSCOpx\etc\licenses there are 5 .lic files. Do I need select them all to upgrade?

Thanks.

Lou

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are upgrading, it should not prompt you for a license file.  If it is, you either have an eval license for 3.0.1, or there is something wrong with your installation.

Thanks Joe for quick response. I guess somebody just used 3.0.1 eval to install before. I searched the system and found there is one directory: Ciscoworks 3.0\eval and there are cm.lic, dfm.lic, ipm.lic, rme.lic. When I open these files, I see there is "Evalution" word in every file. Also I find there is another lic file in the current program files directory called "LMS20090903071445912.lic". 20090903 is the last time when they installed the Ciscoworks. Should I use this LMS20090903071445912.lic file? There is no evaluation word in this file and this file includes all components licenses we bought.

Thanks.

Lou

I just realized that license file is for Health and Utilization Monitor. If I have 3.0.1 before, can I get license for this add-on? or I need buy this add-on?

Thanks.

You need to buy HUM.  LMS 3.2 comes with a 90-day eval of HUM 1.2, but the purchased license is not covered in the base cost of LMS.

Cisco was recently running a promotion for HUM that slashed the price to a level that made it cost more in adminstrative processng than the license cost. Check with your account manager or reseller as to whether this is still being offered and if you may be eligible.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: