Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Why can't I remotely access Topology Services in Ciscoworks LMS 3.2?

Hi!

I noticed that I cannot remotely check the Topology Services in Ciscoworks LMS 3.2. I have attached a screenshot of the error for reference. When I access Topology Services on the server itself, everything works well. Any ideas why I'm receiving such errors?

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Why can't I remotely access Topology Services in Ciscoworks LMS

Topology uses CORBA for the client/server communication.  You must make sure the client can resolve the hostname of the server and that TCP ports 42342 and 43242 are open between client and server (i.e., you must be able to telnet to post 42342 and 43242 from the client to the server).

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your reply. How can I test if the client can resolve the hostname of the server?

Cisco Employee

A simple nslookup on the client should work:

nslookup SERVER_HOSTNAME

Of course, if the server's hostname is in the client's hosts file, then that can fail but resolution can still work.  You can also do:

ping SERVER_HOSTNAME

That should succeed.

Hi Joseph,

What if the client PC cannot resolve the hostname of the server? How will I fix it?

Cisco Employee

You can add the hostname of the server to the client's local hosts file (e.g., in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts).

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content