cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why do i get "no option 125" in debug dhcp?

michel.prevost
Level 1
Level 1

Ive configured two dhcp pool to serve the same subnet, the first pool have static bindind and the second is dynamic. The configuration is working correctly except that I'm having delay to get answer from the router. Debug DHCP give me output about "no option 125" during that delay and i can see that the router receive three request before sending the offer.

There is my configuration

ip dhcp pool VLAN10
 origin file flash:/dhcp_pool.txt
 default-router 192.168.48.1 
 option 150 ip 192.168.48.1 
 domain-name schm.local
 dns-server 10.34.70.37 10.34.70.38 

ip dhcp pool VLAN10DYNAMIC
 network 192.168.48.0 255.255.255.0
 default-router 192.168.48.1 
 domain-name schm.local
 dns-server 10.34.70.37 10.34.70.38 
 option 150 ip 192.168.48.1 

There is the log output

DHCPD: client's VPN is .

DHCPD: No option 125

DHCPD: DHCPDISCOVER received from client 012c.59e5.bcbe.d7 on interface FastEthernet0/1.10.

Ive found that answer, but it not applied in my situation because my subnet's and my pool's mask match.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Charles Hill
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Michel,

If dhcp pool vlan 10 has statically assigned ip addresses that are in the same subnet as vlan10dynamic, the "ip dhcp excluded-address x.x.x.x" command is needed to avoid ip address conflicts. 

Try

show ip dhcp conflict

clear ip dhcp conflict

Hope this helps,

Please rate helpful posts.

Thanks.

Thanks Charles for your answer, but that wasnt the issue. Ive already excluded all un assigned static dhcp address specified by the vlan 10 pool. When i try to exclude a statically assigned address, it give me an error % Address range contains an already reserved address.

The sh ip dhcp conflict command dont show me any conflict. 

I think that wireshark will not help this time, but I will take a look later this week. If any one have other idea about what can cause that trouble.

Thanks again Charles, have a nice day.

Hi,

I was practicing on a simulator and face this same issue; the way I managed to fix it was configure the host with "ip address dhcp client-id Ethernetx/x hostname XXXXX" and at the same time configure the server with "client-id 01xx.yyzz.wwqq.vv" under DHCP pool with the MAC address taken from the client (MAC xxyy.zzww.qqvv).

Hope this works for you too.

Thank u very much, ur contribution helps me a lot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: