cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why no support for 3560 Compact series in CNA?

m.junghage
Level 1
Level 1

Is there reason why WS-C3560C-8PC-S and WS-C3560C-12PC-S is not supported in Cisco Network Assistent?

According to the data sheets for these switches CNA should be supported. I saw another forum post stating that the Gigabit versions has been added to the supported list as of version 5.7.

"The Cisco Catalyst 3560-C and 2960-C Series compact switches offer both the traditional Cisco CLI for detailed configuration and Cisco Network Assistant software, a PC-based tool for quick configuration based on preset templates."

Best regards
Markus

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please reference the Release Notes for 5.7. They indicate:

With Network Assistant 5.7, you can:

•Manage these devices:

–Catalyst 3560-C switches (WS-C3560CG-8PC-S,WS-C3560CG-8TC-S, and WS-C3560CPD-8PT-S)

Hard to say why the 12-port model isn't listed. It could be an oversight in the release notes. Have you pointed a CNA 5.7 at one to check?

The thing is that the release notes only talks about the 8-ports Gigabit versions, three switches to be exact. I want support for 100 Mbit switches.

I've tested CNA 5.7 and cannot get it to recognize any of my 3560C switches. This bothers me alot since I have an install that has a whole bunch of these little buggers in 8 branch offices and the end customer was promised CNA administration.

I find it hard to believe that the 100 Mbit versions lacks some kind of feature that prohibits the use of CNA.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: