cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why no support for 3560 Compact series in CNA?

m.junghage
Level 1
Level 1

Is there reason why WS-C3560C-8PC-S and WS-C3560C-12PC-S is not supported in Cisco Network Assistent?

According to the data sheets for these switches CNA should be supported. I saw another forum post stating that the Gigabit versions has been added to the supported list as of version 5.7.

"The Cisco Catalyst 3560-C and 2960-C Series compact switches offer both the traditional Cisco CLI for detailed configuration and Cisco Network Assistant software, a PC-based tool for quick configuration based on preset templates."

Best regards
Markus

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please reference the Release Notes for 5.7. They indicate:

With Network Assistant 5.7, you can:

•Manage these devices:

–Catalyst 3560-C switches (WS-C3560CG-8PC-S,WS-C3560CG-8TC-S, and WS-C3560CPD-8PT-S)

Hard to say why the 12-port model isn't listed. It could be an oversight in the release notes. Have you pointed a CNA 5.7 at one to check?

The thing is that the release notes only talks about the 8-ports Gigabit versions, three switches to be exact. I want support for 100 Mbit switches.

I've tested CNA 5.7 and cannot get it to recognize any of my 3560C switches. This bothers me alot since I have an install that has a whole bunch of these little buggers in 8 branch offices and the end customer was promised CNA administration.

I find it hard to believe that the 100 Mbit versions lacks some kind of feature that prohibits the use of CNA.