cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Will Prime Infrastructure 2.0 monitor server 2008?

stepnharp
Level 1
Level 1

Prime Infrastructure 2.0 monitor server 2008?  Will any of the future versions include system monitoring?

Thanks, Scott

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It can do so in a limited way now. You need to enable the SNMP service on your server and set community strings etc.

Once you do that, you can add it as a device in Prime Infrastructure. I doubt it will ever be a complete system monitor like a server management tool. PI is fundamentally a network management tool.

FYI here are the steps for enabling SNMP agent on your Windows server:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb726987.aspx

Make sure to add your Prime server as an authorized host and setup the community string. Once you've done that, you should be able to sync with it as an added device in Device Center. Here is my Windows 2008 R2 server added thus in PI 2.0:

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It can do so in a limited way now. You need to enable the SNMP service on your server and set community strings etc.

Once you do that, you can add it as a device in Prime Infrastructure. I doubt it will ever be a complete system monitor like a server management tool. PI is fundamentally a network management tool.

FYI here are the steps for enabling SNMP agent on your Windows server:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb726987.aspx

Make sure to add your Prime server as an authorized host and setup the community string. Once you've done that, you should be able to sync with it as an added device in Device Center. Here is my Windows 2008 R2 server added thus in PI 2.0:

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco