Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Wish list of new features in LMS

I am not sure if this is the best forum to voice requests for feature enhancements. But from my understanding the developers do read these posts. Perhaps we can have some constructive conversation to help Cisco make LMS even better.

Dear LMS developers

Here are some features that I would like to see in the next version of LMS.

1. Regular expressions for device group rules.

2. Drop down lists for the user defined fields. LMS 2.2 had this.

3. Schedule reports that can be e-mail rather than just a notification that the report was run.

4. Device name field with selection button on the Device and Credentials | Device Management screen. Makes it easier to select devices you want

to edit.

5. If I am making a device selection by typing in the device name and I hit select give me a list of devices that match what I have typed in thus

far. Don't make me have to type in a FQDN if there is only on device in the DCR that matches my request. I really liked the JAVA device selector in LMS 2.2. As I typed in a device name it

narrowed the list down. I know this is a difficult feature for an all HTML interface but there must be some way to do it.

6. If I do a bulk import let me select the file from my local PC. The TAC case system lets me do this to upload file to my case. I think that anywhere that you can enter a device name there should be

an option to get a list of devices from a file, both on the server and the local PC from which I am browsing.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Wish list of new features in LMS

Good ideas. I hope this will get through to development.

Quite a few things you mention don't require the java applets of LMS 2.2, they can be done in a variety of ways without sacrifice to interface speed.

I also have some things on my wish list

1 .

I would like a clear and open view (I prefer an SQL view) on all jobs by all subsystems. Not just a selection of RME subsystem jobs somewhere in RME some other elsewhere in Common services. Any job done, by RME, by DFM, by Campus.

Seeing that it all went right!! Right now I can only hope. It's not because RME only does the config management it shouldn't tell me that it can't download the config anymore. Right now it seems to me that I should somehow notice this in DFM or Campus.

Campus should be helping me a lot more. A lot more boxes have been seen (via CDP) than Campus can reach, Campus now hides this information, where I would like a list of devices to check up on.

A generic SNMP switch, router, switchrouter and hub. A cisco only network is only a salesmans wet dream. It's not feasible, its not realistic. Neither is a cisco only network management platform. If the resellers are allowed to make packages you will have plenty of devices supported in no time.

Michel

Views
Helpful
Replies