cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Auto Update Failure - Problem @ Cisco??

craig-allen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My sensor has stopped doing auto updates & there's been no config changes on the sensor. When tyring to access the update URL via a web browser I get the following error:

We are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later. If the problem persits, please contact customer Support. We apologize for any inconveninence this may cause.

SmartNET contract is valid for the IPS.

2 Replies 2

jsimoneau
Level 1
Level 1

I am also having problems. Running on an ASA 5510, been auto updating fine for over a year, but no longer is. I have always been using the default URL. I even set everything back to defaults, re-entered my login info, and still have the same issue.

I've placed newer (but not the newest) signatures on a FTP server and the ASA will pick those up, but not from Cisco.com.

The error in the logs says "uri does not contain a valid ip address" but searching for this is fruitless. The Cisco.com url I'm using, the default, is "https://198.133.219.25//cgi-bin/front.x/ida/locator/locator.pl". I'm running 6.1(1)E2 currently on signature 351 which I updated to yesterday via FTP. It will not download 352.

I've been fighting auto updates too on my 6.1(1)E2 4260.

Keerap. Well, I just tried it again and it looks like it hosed the sensor. Stuck on processing transaction and no inspection load or changes in the IDM even after closing out and coming back in 15 minutes later.

What I was going to say before it bricked was that (1) There is some question if the double slash after the IP is correct. (2) My cisco ID (why we have to use individual's IDs is beyond me...) was an e-mail address and testing showed that the update process couldn't handle the @ symbol in the login.

One or both of those might be an issue. I'd test but all I did was change back to the double slash in the URL and schedule an update and it seems to have killed the IDM. (Fortunately Snort is running in parallel :-) )

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card