Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX and outlook

aryan-d
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have configured PIX VPN for our remote users. Our mail server is behind PIX firewall. Users connect to PIX using Cisco VPN Client 4.0.2D, after they connect they try to access mail server. Few of the mails bounce, error that they get is "No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient". After checking i removed the fixup protocol smtp from the PIX configuration. But still the users are getting error. Any idea why ? Do i have to restart the PIX ?

5 Replies 5

gmarogi
Level 5
Level 5

Try saving it to flash with 'write memory' command and then check.

Yes i have Saved the configuration and also rebooted the PIX, But this the users is getting the error message.

Is there any consistency to the non delivery reports (NDRs)? Can you post one? Generally with outlook issues, I'd expect either all or none of the mail to go. Intermittent NDRs would make me think there might be a configuration problem on the mail server side

We have a Cisco VPN concentrator too, through that the users is able to work, but via PIX he is getting NDR's. This error is not consistant.

1) have you entered this command to the pix? :

sysopt ipsec pl-compatible

2) do you have any access-list that filters some IPSec packet? If you do, you need to open SMTP port and other related ports.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card