Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Help with service contracts

Hi everyone,

I've got a new job as a network admin. So far, the networking devices have been working with the default configuration and factory IOS. The thing is, even though I've experience working with Cisco devices, I've never had to deal with service contracts. I need to be able to upgrade IOS and maybe download different feature sets. I do not need technical support, because that's obviously my job. I've been browsing Cisco's website and got lost (tons of links and info...). So, could anyone point me in the right direction? Should I ask some kind of documents on my company? Should I contact the company who sold us the hardware?

I would really appreciate any help. Thanks.

Everyone's tags (1)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Hi Felipe,

I suggest you contact the company that sold you the hardware.  Most likely they also sold the service contracts along with it and can tell you what your service contract number is.

Regards,

Cindy Toy

Cisco Small Business Community Manager

for Cisco Small Business Products

www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport

twitter: CiscoSBsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!
Hall of Fame Super Gold

As what Cindy has recommended, contact the vendor who sold the equipment and ask them.  Before you do that, make a list of devices you have, what exact model, serial numbers.

If the vendor is unwilling to help you (typical!), then search for the nearest Cisco office and get in contact with either an account manager and/or a pre-sales engineer.   Give them the name of the vendor who's unable to assist and coordinate with them.

Contrary to what you said, you will need technical support (aka Technical Assistance Centre or TAC) to either help in troubleshooting faults and/or replace faulty hardware.  The ability to contact the Cisco TAC and download software in related to what you own is based around your Service Contract.

Don't be surprised, say, you have 100 Cisco devices and only <90 have valid service contract.

2 REPLIES
Silver

Hi Felipe,

I suggest you contact the company that sold you the hardware.  Most likely they also sold the service contracts along with it and can tell you what your service contract number is.

Regards,

Cindy Toy

Cisco Small Business Community Manager

for Cisco Small Business Products

www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport

twitter: CiscoSBsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!
Hall of Fame Super Gold

As what Cindy has recommended, contact the vendor who sold the equipment and ask them.  Before you do that, make a list of devices you have, what exact model, serial numbers.

If the vendor is unwilling to help you (typical!), then search for the nearest Cisco office and get in contact with either an account manager and/or a pre-sales engineer.   Give them the name of the vendor who's unable to assist and coordinate with them.

Contrary to what you said, you will need technical support (aka Technical Assistance Centre or TAC) to either help in troubleshooting faults and/or replace faulty hardware.  The ability to contact the Cisco TAC and download software in related to what you own is based around your Service Contract.

Don't be surprised, say, you have 100 Cisco devices and only <90 have valid service contract.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content