Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How to Change Serial Number for ASA 5505

I purchased a 50-user ASA 5505 (ASA5505-50-BUN-K9), then a 25-user AnyConnect Essentials (L-ASA-AC-E-5505=), registered them together, then tried to apply the activation key.  Errors - wrong product.  Tried CLI and ASDM.  Tried both numbers listed in the email.  All with the same result.

Then I discovered what was wrong - I had mistaken an "A" for an "R" in the S/N (I looked at bottom of the device, discovered my error when looking at "sho license" in CLI) and I recorded the wrong number on the product on Cisco's Product License Registration page.  So it issued an activation key based on the wrong number.  

Where do I go from here?  I couldn't find a way to edit the information in the webpage - it may be there but I can't find it.  

Help, please.

Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

You'll have to open a TAC

You'll have to open a TAC case and have them queue your request with Global Licensing. They can re-issue an activation key tied to the correct serial number - that function isn't available via the self-service portal.

Views
Helpful
Replies