Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type.
Showing results for
Search instead for
Did you mean:
The Idea Board!
We have gotten great feedback from all of you and we wanted to have a single place where we could store all of this data. We also wanted to share this with the rest of the community so that we can begin to brainstorm and create new ideas here! The ideas, thoughts, and feedback that has been collected is consolidated below - we can open up new threads if we get enough votes or comments about particular features.
Keep in mind that everything on this list is based on the creativity of everyone in the community. Think of the features here as the ones that are currently brewing and are open to change. You might see some of these items change, fall off the list, or even make it into the pipeline or roadmaps based on the feedback you provide us!
- Instruct OnPlus on which subnets to discover on
- Use of a ping sweep within a specified subnet + SNMP discovery
- Gives the OnPlus portal user the option to skip specific network segments to discover
- Skips discovery on specified devices
Time-based automatic removal for certain devices and subnets
- Some network/subnet/ip ranges that are being discovered have many devices that come and go (e.g. hotspot, guest networks). To prevent them from piling up, they would be automatically removed.
- Configure subnets, IP ranges, or devices to be automatically removed if they are missing: Immediately or after a certain time (hours, days..)
Port based Topology Maps
- Using MAC addresses and swtich ports from the switches, correlate mappings within the topology map and draw based on this data
Same device, Multiple Interfaces/MACs
- Understand and display data on a specific device that has multiple connections rather than duplicating the device
- Set thresholds for certain alerts such as up/down status to reduce false positives
- The ability to adjust the threshold so that I'm only alerted if the site is down for more than a certain amout of time
- Monitoring custom Cisco MIBs for additional details
- Collecting or displaying network health data based on IP SLA
- Have the ON100 device act as an IP SLA responder or agent
- Monitor the routing table of a device to alert if a route is added or dropped on a device.
- Monitors for QoS Implementatoins (IOS QoS Implementations: MQC, HQoS...)
Templated Monitor Profiles
- Ability to create a set of re-usable monitoring templates that can be easily applied. For example, we may have some server systems we'd like to monitor SMTP/DNS/WMI on, while another set may only need DNS/DHCP, and whatnot. I would like to just select those devices, and have a dropdown/click to select a preconfigured monitoring profile instead of having to readd all the monitors over and over.
- Turning off an active alert on a monitor once you have acknowledged the alarm
User Based Notification Delivery Rules
When I want to add a person to get messages it would be nice if I can add a person and then have check box for say 10 different devices to get messages from rather than having to put the user in once for each one.
Configuration and Firmware
Unity Express Back Up
- Use OnPlus to provide backup capabilities for Unity Express in addition to the configurations for CME on the UC500
Additional Details on Config Backup
- Display diff between configuration versions in the notes section of the configuration tab
Further NTOP Integration
- Integrate NTOP Viewing into native OnPlus experience, allows for viewing of NTOP data without having to open the NTOP portal
- Create/generate reports based on data gathered from NTOP
Usability and User Experience
- Increase span of time before portal times out
Spanning Tree Visualization
- Display context of STP and MSTP instances on the topology view.
Automatic Grouping/Re-Parenting Based on IP/Subnet
- Automatically move devices under a parent device if they have a certain IP, or by Subnet. For example, VoIP phones on a network would show up under the VoIP server or switch they are connected to.
- Ability to dole out passwords for users and give them access to certain devices with the OnPlus agent holding and using the master password for said device. That way if someone leaves your organization you don't have to change passwords for all devices. You just turn off the users account and he will no longer have access with HIS password but the master passwords, that were encrypted and he didn't have access to, are still safe.
Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers
- Basic and Enhanced Support for the 210X, 250X Series Controller
Additional Cisco Small Business Products
Cisco Catalyst Switching Platforms
- Cisco Catalyst 3524
Cisco Adapative Security Appliances
Additional Device Vanity Icons
- Apple devices, MAC's
- at base of each inventory list as you scroll down add a total,I.e. No. Of devices. - All = ? No. / Computer = ? No. / etc..
- add function to enter or amend credentials of appliance's