Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3560 and 2811 with multiple IPs showing as 2 Devices

I have a WS-C3560-48PS with multiple IPs assigned to it, 1 IP on each of numerous interfaces.  It's being listed as multiple 3560s. I entered credentials for one of them, let it set for a while, and that one seems to be fine.  However the others still shows needing credentials.  The same thing is happening on a 2811.  Is there a reason it didn't consolidate these down to 1 device after it could authenticate to one of them?  Alternatively, it would be nice to see them as 3 devices, if they simply used the same credentials instead of having to enter all 3, and the Topology kept them together (i.e. 1 primary and others showing connected to it, and other associated devices attached to their respective interfaces).

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.
4 REPLIES

Ok, so post 7.3 when it states 3560 support, I checked my OnPlus and here's what I'm seeing.  Basically the same thing as before.  My 3560 switch shows up as 3 seperate devices, since it has 3 IPs (for different networks), and 2 of them show up with the device specific icon while one of them has the generic IOS switch icon.  So I initiated a "Rediscover Network" thinking that would clear it up.  Came back the same.  3 devices, instead of 1, and one is an "IOS-Switch" instead of a 3560.  It's a WS-C3560-48PS-S.

BTW, the 2811 still shows up as 2 devices as well.

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.
Bronze

Thank you for your post. I've reached out to the appropriate contacts to look into this further. I'll get back with you once I have additional information.

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

Hi All,

Did anyone ever come to any conclusions with regards to Onplus 3560 support? We are looking into Onplus at the moment and 3560 switch support would be a huge plus for us.

Many thanks

Matt

Bronze

Re: 3560 and 2811 with multiple IPs showing as 2 Devices

Sdeftink - After looking into this further this is currently 'As Implemented' for the way device discovery is supported in OnPlus when mutliple IPs exist for a single interface. This is certainly not what we would like, but it requires some work to support this. We will revise this in a future release to handle configurations like this better.

Matthew - The 3560 is now supported: Catalyst 3560-C, 3560-E, 3560-G, 3560-X, and 3560v2 provide product icons and support remote access. All the Catalyst 3560s, with the exception of the 3560 and 3560-G, support backup and restore and firmware upgrade capability.

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content