Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Automated Ticket Resolution Failing (ConnectWise)

On page 15 of the Application Note: Integrating ConnectWise Service Ticketing with the Cisco OnPlus Portal it states:

"ConnectWise service desk tickets that are created through notification delivery

rules that are based on device monitors are automatically resolved in

ConnectWise when the device monitor generates a subsequent recovery event.

This feature applies to all device monitors except IP Change and WAN Network

Performance."

Everything is setup according to the documentation.  OnPlus is generating tickets correctly in ConnectWise for the correct company id.  So it seems that all communication is working.  However, this morning at 2:33am and 2:35am central, I received a DNS Service event.  A ticket was created quickly in my on-premise ConnectWise system.  At 2:38am central, The DNS Service hit Recovery, according to OnPlus.  However the ticket is still open in ConnectWise.  Is OnPlus attempting to change the Status of the ticket potentially to a status that we don't have setup or is there somewhere in OnPlus that I can tell it what status it should change tickets to when they are resolved?

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.
Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Shawn - Thanks again fro your assistance and time today.

All - I've posted a document for Configuring Automated Ticket Resolution in Connectwise, located here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-26086

9 REPLIES
Bronze

I'm looking into this and have reached out to the appropriate folks. I'll get back to you once I have an update.

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

Bronze

I have a couple of questions:

Do you have a DNS monitor set?

Could you send me a private message with the site name and we can check the database to see if a close ticket notification was sent?

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

Bronze

It looks like the last occurrence was on 07/09, so the logs already rotated past that, would it be possible for you to do a test monitor that would then recover.

Once complete, let me know and we can look at the new logs.

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

I pulled the plug on the OnPlus agent just a few minutes ago and generated a Site Comms Down "Disconnected: Unplanned Outage" which generated a ticket in ConnectWise.  I then plugged it back in and got the Reconnected status message and the ticket is still in there.  You should have what you need.

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.
Bronze

Excellent, thanks! I'll check and get back to you.

Re: Automated Ticket Resolution Failing (ConnectWise)

Aqib, Ignacio and I worked together on this issue.  The solution ended up being that we needed make an adjustment in the Setup Tables.  The status that represents the ticket is closed on the Service Board where the tickets are being created was missing a setting.  If you go into the settings of that Status, there is a drop down menu next to External Integration XRef.  Change the drop down menu to Resolved and then save it.  OnPlus uses the X marker in the ConnectWise API to close the ticket and if this setting isn't set, ConnectWise won't know which one represents a Closed status.  Cisco is going to have the documentation updated to reflect checking this additional setting.

Bronze

Shawn - Thanks again fro your assistance and time today.

All - I've posted a document for Configuring Automated Ticket Resolution in Connectwise, located here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-26086

I added some inline document comments to that document just in case some were confused by references to custom names used in our organization.  Thanksa again for your assistance.

Bronze

Re: Automated Ticket Resolution Failing (ConnectWise)

Thanks again! I've updated the document with the comments you've provided.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content