Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot reset device driver for device

Hello, I erroneously selected the generic IOS router driver for a UC500 so it now display as a generic IOS device in the portal.  I have no option to change the driver I used.  I tried selecting rediscover network in the OnPlus portal but the device returns as a generic IOS device.  How do I reset the driver?

Thanks,

Dave

3 REPLIES
mrn Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a bug in the way we manage the designated driver. At this time, once a driver has been accepted, you are stuck with it until death do you part.

The fix is to make the device disappear. Once the device is missing from the inventory, you can delete it. You can then do a new round of discovery, and either have the driver assigned automatically, or assign one with the designated driver feature.

If the UC520 can be turned off without disrupting your network, just do that and then trigger discovery. After the discovery cycle is complete, you can delete the UC520.

If the UC520 can not be turned off without disrupting your network, you may need to bypass your network and connect your On100 appliance to the Internet via a different route. When you trigger discovery at this point, your UC520 should disappear, allowing you to disconnect.

We will correct this problem in an upcoming release.

- Mark

I've moved on from the project so I'm stuck for the time being.  Can you provide the time frame for that upcoming release?

mrn Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We don't have a time schedule for that yet.

If you can give me the URL for your topology view in a private message, I will see if there is anything we can do for you from our side.

- Mark

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content