Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Connectwise Hardware Configuration testing

Is there a way to test whether the new ConnectWise Configuration feature is working properly with OnPlus?                    

Everyone's tags (4)
16 REPLIES
Bronze

Thank you for your post.

We currently do not have a way testing the ConnectWise configuration. This is on our list of future enhancements. In the mean time, you can simulate an event and test the configuration that way.

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

Re: Connectwise Hardware Configuration testing

Can we get some kind of final determination on whether the ConnectWise Configuration, not Ticketing, integration is limited to Beta or not?

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.
Bronze

Sorry for the confusion, I've reached out to the concerned parties and I'm awaiting a response. Once I have more information I'll get back to you.

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

Aqkazi,

That would be great!!  As well, it would be crucial that we have the ability to determine what devices are ported over to the ConnectWise configuration tab to ensure we don't have unwanted overlap between OnPlus and any other RMM tool we may be using.

Speaking of unwanted, is there an ETA on when the ability tell OnPlus not to try to monitor something, like a server, will be available to stop the failed login messages that occur?

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.
Bronze

After looking into this further, the feature is supported, however, the updated documentation was not posted. The ConnectWise App Note has been updated. It has now been posted here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-17447

I apologize for the confusion, and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

On the failed login messages: We have a small change coming in the next release which will discover devices using 'anonymous' rather than 'root'. In a couple of releases, we'll allow for disabling the discovery and entering credentials for SMB/NetBios devices. Of course these features aren't out of QA yet, so this is all preliminary information.

Thank you for posting the update.  I followed that procedure and my ticketing is still working correctly however I'm still not seeing any OnPlus Discovered Devices after letting it sit over the past 24 hours.

Any progress on this?  Is this working for anyone yet?

We have ticketing into ConnectWise working.

BUT

No success with the Hardware Configuration.

This would be very useful, look forward to developments on this.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Bronze

I've verified the Hardware Configuration is supported currently. Can you all review the documentation I posted above and verify it's configured correctly?

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

I've triple checked my settings.  Everything is setup as stated in the documentation you listed above.  I changed the password in both the ConnectWise Integrator Login and the OnPlus ConnectWise App, just to be certain.  Same as before, Ticketing continues to work, like it always has, putting the tickets on the correct board and client, however the configurations do not.  The only difference I have seen thus far between my setup and the instructions is it states it's been tested on 2011.2.  We're running 2012.1.  However, we we're running 2011.2 back when we had originally set it up and the ticketing did work while the Configurations did not.

We have checked our settings with the documentation - at this tiem we ahve not been able to enable this.

I understand from Marc and his team this has been tested and is working.

Any help to get this working? Happy to assist.

Regards

A

Any luck finding the issue on this?

Bronze

I am still looking into this. I've reached out to the appropriate parties and I'm awaiting more information. I'll provide an update once I have more information.

Thanks again,

The OnPlus Team

Are you referring to the ConnectWise ticket integration or the integration with the Configuration tab in ConnectWise?  For the ticket integration, Aqkazi's statement would apply.  If you're referring to the Configuration tab integration, I believe that feature is currently only available for the Beta users.  I've been unable to find it on mine or get it working either.  The ticket integration does work fine for me though.

The configuration tab in ConnectWise. The release notes don’t say that’s a beta feature.

I'm assuming you're referring to the release notes in 7.1.  I saw that as well however I've never found any documentation on how to set it up whereas there is documentation on how to setup ticket integration.  I did also check the Configuration API in the Integrator Login Setup Table in ConnectWise for my OnPlus Integrator Login, but I still never did see any new configuration information.  That is what has led me to believe that this may be a Beta only feature at this time even though it doesn't say that in the Release Notes.

Views
Helpful
Replies