Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Device discovery

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if there's a way to control which types of devices the OnPlus unit discovers.

At the moment our OnPlus is discovering a large amount of Windows host PC's, which we're not really interested in monitoring.

The release notes for Cisco OnPlus Service r7.4 allude to changing the SMB deivce discovery options, but i've been unable to find the options it mentions.

We're currently running firmware 7.4.2.022

Regards,

Everyone's tags (2)
1 REPLY
Bronze

Device discovery

Hello,

To access the SMB Device Discovery options:

• From the Topology view, scroll over the On100, then click the 'i' for Device Information.
  • Navigate to the "Device Options" tab.

Here, you can disable SMB device discovery, this will disable the On100 from attempting to login to SMB devices. Alternatively, you can also provide SMB credentials for the SMB devices, this would admin level Active Directory credentials.

At this time, we don't have a way to ignore Windows devices altogether. The devices will display in the topology. We may provide an enhancement allowing this in a future release.

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

Views
Helpful
Replies