Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Feature Request: Ability to change source email address

It would be nice to be able to change no-reply@cisco-onplus.com to something else.                  

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.
Everyone's tags (4)
7 REPLIES
Bronze

Great feature request! I've made note of this.

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team    

Another helpful feature would be showing the last date/time a missing device was found.  Having that piece of information could be utilized later for a feature that allows us to set a setting that auto deletes devices that have been missing for "X" period of time (i.e. 2 weeks, 30 days, etc.).

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.
Bronze

Great timing on this one. We've actually been discussing something similar for a future release. I've included your comments to the discussion with our team.

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

Actually we do already record that date and you can see it in the Info tab as "last_seen".  Aqib, lets go ahead and make this request be to add the ability to display the information on the topology via Customize/Topology Settings, and also in the Device listing as a orderable column via Customize/Device Listing Settings.

I'm definitely pushing for a "Delete Missing Devices older than X days" option, and it would be based on this time stamp.  Quite apart from the clutter removal, it turns out carrying around these missing devices is also quite a performance hog on the portal.

Andy

I see what you're referring to on the Info tab.  That said, when I log into a site and see "X" devices are missing, it would be very helpful to pull up the Device Listing view on the Dashboard and be able to organize a column by the "last_seen" date/time.  This would help me to quickly see if it's been minutes, hours, days, weeks, etc.

Absolutely.  That's the part "orderable column via Customize/Device Listing Settings" which would allow you to add this column to the Device Listing and order by it.  That makes it easier to manually delete devices, but I think many partners would also like the option to have older missing devices retired automatically.

Andy

Agreed.  I too would love to have the feature that retires missing devices automatically.

One last item, and I've mentioned it in other posts, but as long as we're on this, it would be great if OnPlus also did a Merge/Purge of devices with the same Name and/or MAC and/or IP.  With DHCP it's not uncommon for a workstation, for example, to get a different IP.  Right now OnPlus sees duplicate devices and just shows 1 as missing.  With the Merge/Purge, it could also probably ensure settings are moved to the "New" device (i.e. monitors, credentials, etc.).

Views
Helpful
Replies