Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Feature Requests/Bug Issue/Questions

1) SNMP monitoring - you have SNMP 'login', it would be nice to be able to poll of interface/cpu/etc stats for instance

2) Fix links sent out -

[Critical Event=Monitor: Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) ] [Site=Testing]

https://4301.cisco-onplus.com/s?hc=ee4532d2c58cb2f758121bf47a515b64

Click on the link and it doesn't work, but I assume it should.

3) How often does the critical events get polled out on email?

4) Does the firmware portion actually update the firmware?  Tried on a AP541 and didn't seem to.

5) Is it supposed to find the phone vlan and phones?  I have a 2821 and it doesn't really like it too much to find it, and it doesn't appreciate trying to get information.  It does find the ESW-520 that I have.

Thats about it for now...

Thanks!

Chris

8 REPLIES
mrn Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chris,

>4) Does the firmware portion actually update the firmware?  Tried on a AP541 and didn't seem to.

For supported devices with proper credentials, you can use OnPlus to update firmware.

You must upload the firmware to OnPlus, then select the "Upload New Firmware" button on the Firmware tab of the given device dialog.

Updating firmware should happen more or less in real time - you should see at least one message in your Event log indicating whether the process succeeded or not.

- Mark

Community Member

I will try this again if one of the other devices need a firmware update.  Is there a list of devices that are supported for the firmware updates?

Thanks!

mrn Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

>5) Is it supposed to find the phone vlan and phones?  I have a 2821 and it doesn't really like it too much to find it

Hi Chris,

The OnPlus Network Agent can only DIRECTLY discover devices on the same VLAN it is on. On most networks, the Network Agent will be on the default data VLAN.

If your phones are on a different VLAN, the Network Agent won't be able to see their CDP, Bonjour, or other advertisements, because those are going out on different broadcast domains.

In these cases, the Network Agent needs to be able to query a supported device to get the additional information needed to discover these devices.

At this time I don't believe your 2821 is a supported device.

I believe that in the 6.5 release of OnPlus we will be adding a generic IOS driver that will provide inventory support for any IOS device. When that relese ships you should be able to assign that device type to your 2821 and get a more complete inventory.

In the current shipping release, it is possible that you might be able to get more information by configuring your 2821 to have an SNMP interface, and then assign it the device type of Generic SNMP Switch. This will get you some additional inventory information, but I am not sure how much. The Generic SNMP Switch driver queries the CAM table using QBRIDGE and BRIDGE, the address translation table, and the CDP neighbor table. If the 2821 has CDP neighbor information regarding the phones, and they are routable from the Network Agent, they may show up in your inventory this way.

- Mark

Community Member

Mark,

I tried the Generic SNMP switch, and it didn't like that.

Would it not get the same information from the switch saying I have a phone on xyz ip address that is in my cdp neighbours?

Thanks!

mrn Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

>I tried the Generic SNMP switch, and it didn't like that.

The SNMP switch driver is very forgiving - if it failed it means that either your device does not have SNMP enabled, or you have the wrong credentials entered in OnPlus.

To enable SNMPv2 on an IOS device:

snmp-server community password RO
snmp-server location some-text
snmp-server contact some-name

Be sure to enter the credentials first, then select the designated driver.

Note that upon a failure of a designated driver, you need to unassign the driver, apply the changes, wait one minute, then go back and reassign the driver.

- Mark

Community Member

Mark,

I do have the snmp enabled properly.

I have attached the screenshot from onplus.

My snmp settings from the router:

snmp-server community public RO

snmp-server location PCS HO

snmp-server contact Chris Yeo

It also tells me that the snmp 'Credential status is not yet known'.

Thanks!

mrn Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you entered the credentials after you designated the driver, you will have to go through the disable/enable cycle I described above.

If you go through the disable/enable cycle I described, and you wait five minutes and get the same invalid driver message, the final test is just to verify that SNMP is working. If you have net-SNMP installed, you can use the same query we use in the OnPlus network agent, something like this:

snmpwalk -v2c -c public address 1.3.6.1.2.1.4.20.1.1

Where address is the address of your router. If you get a response back from this that includes an ipaddress element with a valid value, the Network Agent should be able to talk to it the same way.

- Mark

Community Member

Mark,

It looks like at some point I had disabled snmp through an access list.  Remove that, and the snmpwalk worked fine.  I will retry with onplus now.

Thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content