Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Generic IOS switch issues

Hi Guys,

So the generic ios switch did fix most of the 'topology' issues, althought I am still perplexed why one the 520's are seen and the other isn't.

Now the issue that I have with the generic ios switch is that on the one with the correct driver, it moves the pc's so you can see what pc's are attached to that switch.  The generic ios switch driver doesn't have this same functionality.  I assume since it is just doing an either a mac address table lookup, why doesn't it have the same functionality?

Thanks!

Chris

Everyone's tags (4)
4 REPLIES
Bronze

Hi Chris - Great question. We'll take a look at this and get back to you with next steps.

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

Bronze

Chris,

Could you send me an e-mail or Private Message with the site name? We can take a deeper dive into the issue.

We have a few questions as to how the 520s are connected to the On100:

• Is the On100 on the LAN side of both 520s?
  • Are one of the 520 connected by a ESW or other plugin card?
  • Does the switch have CDP running on the port connected to the On100?

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

Community Member

Hi,

So the topology is like this:

871 router - CE500-12 gig switch port trunk to 2 CE520 24pc switches, the UC520 is also plugged into the CE500.  The ON100 is on the lan side of the switch showing up properly, but I can see the UC520 and the 871 properly.

The account starts with a 'B', and there is only one.

Thanks!

Give me a call if you have to.

Bronze

Hi Chris,

We have found some interesting findings in the logs and we are looking into this further. I'll let you know once I have more information.

Thank you for your patience.

The OnPlus Team

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content