Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to position and sell?

I have been evaluating OnPLus on our own network and started considering how to sell this to our customer base.

Obviously, I can create my own program and sell it as a fully managed service where I monitor and maintain a customer network.

This may be fine for non technical customers with no IT or technical persons.  I would charge X dollars per month and be able to alert the customer of trouble and help repair as needed.

However, I have many customers with their own IT department or at least a technical person that maintains the network already.

In these cases it would be nice to be able to sell them OnPlus and give them access to their own portal.  I don't see any way to do this with the product as it is today unless the customer uses their own CCO and then I sell or give them the ON100.  My general idea is that I would like to give these boxes away to my customers and charge them X dollars per month for the portal access to monitor and manage their own networks.  They would assign me as agents to their portals so that I could support them as needed.

Has anyone given any thought to this or have any other idea of how Cisco resellers can make any money from this product?

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --
2 REPLIES

Hi Brandon,

OnPlus is designed as a tool/service that enables small business Partners like yourself to economically deliver Managed Servics to your customers. You are free to use OnPlus for your internal operations and/or offer this service to your customers in whichever model works best. The first example you give, where you manage the network of a customer with no IT staff for a monthly fee, is a perfect example and one that we see frequently.

For the second case of customers with technical staff - we are actively working to add role-based access so that you can have tiers of access/views. With this, there will be a 'Customer view' where you can invite a customer to have access to his/her network only on the portal. We were thinking of providing read-only access but perhaps we can discuss extending that to a little bit more. You can then charge the customer for portal access. Will this address your need?

We are hoping to organize a seminar/workshop on how OnPlus can be used to sell Managed Services and looks like that is something you may find helpful as well. We will post more information on that as it becomes available.

Thanks,

Shikha

Thanks Shikha it is good to know these plans.  I think what I would request/suggest would be a method to allow full access for a customer to their own portal and device(s).  This would be controlled by the Cisco partner, but could essentially be handed to the customer to manage as they wish (as long as they pay each month) To me this seems to be the highest value and nice potential recurring income for my company to sell this product/service combination.

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --
Views
Helpful
Replies