Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Individual agent accounts for individual sites or groups of sites. **FEATURE REQUEST**

Hello all,

I have a very major feature request.  I would like to give access to individual sites or groups of sites to different managers or customers that should not have access to everything in my account.  I'm actually surprised this hasn't been done already.  Right now if I create an agent that agent has access to every site I create.  What if I only want them to have access to one or two sites in my list?  That is one part. 

Another part is something that other companies have been doing with similar devices.  These are companies like Certified Cyber Solutions and iHiji.  Their devices allow the manager of the device to dole out access to technicians to specific devices on the network.  Basically there is a master password that encrypts and stores all of the passwords for each individual device.  The manager can create a user account for a technician and give him access only to specific devices on a system.  This way the technician enters his password and has access only to what he's supposed to.  When he enters his password the system automatically enters encrypted and stored password for the actual device.

This eliminates a major problem of hiring technicians and then, when they're let go, having to change every password on every site that we maintain.  We deal with some very high end homes and let's say we hire somebody and have to give him access to Tom Cruise's camera system to fix something.  If we have to let him go we don't want to have to worry about him showing his friends Tom Cruise's hot tub or us having to change all the passwords.  This is a MAJOR feature that would send this device into the next level.  I really hope that somebody over there can make this happen.

Thanks and have a Happy Halloween!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Individual agent accounts for individual sites or groups of site

Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback and ideas! You may be happy to hear that we are actively working on adding role-based access so that you can have tiers of access/views. As a first stage, we are thinking of 3 different types of users:

1. Master Agent (Admin level) - the VAR owner, or admin.
    • Read-Write Access on ALL networks
    • Can invite and approve/reject sub-agents to see its customer-base
    • Same as exists today
  2. Sub-Agents - the SEs that work at the VAR, and manage the VAR's customer networks
    • Read-Write or Read-Only access per customer site
    • Master Agent would determine their access level per customer site, upon approval
  3. Customer View - the Small Business owners that the VAR manages their networks
    • a particular case of a sub-agent
    • Woudl be invited by the Master agent
    • Provided Read-only access only to its network

Do you think this will meet your needs?

The master password requierment is an interesting one and I will take this back to our Engg for further discussions. We will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Shikha Mittal

3 REPLIES

Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback and ideas! You may be happy to hear that we are actively working on adding role-based access so that you can have tiers of access/views. As a first stage, we are thinking of 3 different types of users:

1. Master Agent (Admin level) - the VAR owner, or admin.
    • Read-Write Access on ALL networks
    • Can invite and approve/reject sub-agents to see its customer-base
    • Same as exists today
  2. Sub-Agents - the SEs that work at the VAR, and manage the VAR's customer networks
    • Read-Write or Read-Only access per customer site
    • Master Agent would determine their access level per customer site, upon approval
  3. Customer View - the Small Business owners that the VAR manages their networks
    • a particular case of a sub-agent
    • Woudl be invited by the Master agent
    • Provided Read-only access only to its network

Do you think this will meet your needs?

The master password requierment is an interesting one and I will take this back to our Engg for further discussions. We will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Shikha Mittal

Yes thank you.  I think that will meet our needs provided the Sub-Agents would be able to only see sites that they are given access to and not see the others.

Please do look into the master password requirement for me.  It's one of the only things keeping this from being on par with competitor products.  There are a few other feature requests I have but I'm assuming I should start a new thread for each?

Thanks again for your quick reply!

Hi,

Yes, I have captured the need for a sub-agent to only be able to see the permitted sites.

It does not matter if you simply list the feature requests here or create a new thread as you come across new ones - we are extremely interested in your feedback and whichever approach is easiest for you will work for us.

The OnPlus team appreciates your enthusiastic participation!

Thanks,

Shikha

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content