Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging and Alerts

Is there any way to adjust what you want to be logged or alerted on. I am seeing 40-50 informational items per day that I could care less about. Can it be adjusted to just log error and above?

Thanks in advance

Bob James

6 REPLIES
Bronze

Logging and Alerts

Hi Bob,

Yes, this is possible.

• Under "Notifications", select "Delivery Rules".
  • Select the rule specific to the customer, or it maybe set to 'All'.
  • Click "Edit".
  • Then change the "Severity" to a higher level, as desired.

For more information, you can watch this YouTube video for Notifications:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GidRgvJZb_w&feature=plcp

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

Logging and Alerts

Yes I know that part and I have it set to Error for push and warning for alerts. The issue is on the mobile client, this is a different set of notifications (I should have clarified); when I look at the Icon, it shows 50 messages. When I go in a see device missing that has the right name, mac and IP and is not "missing".

There seems to be a detachment from th mobile notices and the portal notices.

Bob

Bronze

Logging and Alerts

Hi Bob,

We have an enhancement slated for a future release for Mobile Notifications, to be more informative and direct you to the associated event, rather than bundling them as they are now.

You can modify the severity level of mobile notifications also. Under the notifications area I mentioned above, you'll see a rule for "Mobile Push". You can modify this severity level accordingly.

In the case you mention above, the device may have gone offline and came back on, generating the event.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

Logging and Alerts

Yes but the events I am seeing are not Error only and this is what I have the notification set to; so they do not line up....

Bob James

Bronze

Logging and Alerts

Hi Bob,

When you select "Error" for the severity, it will send notificiations of that severity level that are "Error" and higher. This is how the Notifications are configured.

You may want to try setting your "Mobile Push" "Severity" to "Emergency". This will only send "Emergency" events.

Could you verify you are seeing "Informational" or "Notice" events when it is set to "Error"? If so, please let me know if you are using an iPhone or Android, and I'll see if we can reproduce this.

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

Logging and Alerts

Yes I am seeing Warning messages on both the ipad and iphone when push is set to error. Just to be clear this in on the icon, not the ones that come to me in am email

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content