Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Login Failures on All Servers

Every morning we are receiving emails telling us that our servers are getting hit with logins (800 per server) from the OnPlus with the wrong credentials.  We have checked our credentials and we are sure they are correct.  We even shut off all of the login information except for WMI and SNMP.  All others are disabled.

I called technical support and they were ill prepared to even answer my questions about the OnPlus device.  After over an hour, we received the word that they know about this problem since March, but he will need to research in order to see if there is a fix.  I did some reviewing of the forums and it appears there is several mentions of this on the boards.

Has anyone found a fix for this?

• OnPlus Service
Everyone's tags (4)
5 REPLIES

Please see this post.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3581327#3581327

I don't believe there has been a fix yet.

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.
Cisco Employee

Re: Login Failures on All Servers

Hi,

It's likely the SMB/CIFS/NetBIOS discovery processes from the ON100 that are causing the security event log entries in your servers.

Please see this thread for a possible workaround:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2113709?tstart=30

-mike

You beat me to the answer, thanks! :)

Re: Login Failures on All Servers

Thanks.  I saw that article, but I am looking for something a bit more than a workaround.  Is there any kinds of resolution time on this issue?  This appears to be a very visible issue.  How did it get through beta with something like this?

I was told this has been known about since March and I know there was a new firmware pushed out recently.  Does anyone have a time frame?

Hello there!

We're sorry to hear that you have been experiencing this inconvenience.  The OnPlus team is constantly looking to improve the quality and experience for our users, so rest assured that we internalize all of the feedback from this forum.

As it was discussed in the other thread, the issue stems from our discovery process and certain protocols being used.  We try to enhance our discovery and make it as flexible as we can in order to improve the overall amount of data we can gather to build the topology accurately.  There have been a few different ways to address the issue, but we are evaluating on how to correct this behavior without compromising our discovery capabilities. 

We definitely hear your frustration and we will make sure that our future plans look to include more focused discovery to prevent the cases you have brought up.  Unfortunately, I don't have any concrete dates that I can give you here, but we will update the community here as soon as we can. 

I'll be more than happy to set up a call and spend some time with you to discuss any other feedback you have as well.  Keep the feedback coming!

-Jimmy

Hi,

One problem that I have pointed out is that it will not accept special characters in the password (like the $).  This has yet to be fixed as well.  Does your password have special characters in it?

Thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies