Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No WAN IP showing for new client

I added an OnPlus appliance to a new client yesterday and when I checked in on it today, it wasn't showing an IP address for the client's Internet connection.  If I am in the OnPlus portal I cannot open a browser to any devices, I get a tunneling error.  The portal does show the devices inside the network, so it appears to be functional.

This client has a Cisco 1811 on the perimeter of their network.  Is there some port that needs to be available for the OnPlus to function?  I haven't had this problem with other clients before but this one seems to have more perimeter security.

Thanks.

(note there is no WAN IP for the last client in the picture)

Untitled.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I understand.  I'm not a big fan of documentation until it doesn't work the first time.  ;-)

Outbound only.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-21020

What outbound ports do I need to open for the OnPlus service to communicate?

The OnPlus service will need for the following outbound ports to be open:

• Port 53 UDP (DNS)
  • Port 80 TCP (HTTP)
  • Port 123 UDP (NTP)
  • Port 443 TCP (HTTPS)
  • Port 11300 TCP (OnPlus heartbeat)

For enhanced OnPlus functionality, the following outbound ports will also need to be opened:

• Port 14931 UDP (WAN Network Performance monitoring via the OnPlus Network Agent)
  • 11400 TCP (Remote device connections)

What inbound ports need to be opened for the OnPlus service to communicate?

No inbound ports to the ON100 will need to be opened. All connectivity will be sourced from the ON100 to the OnPlus service.

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.
5 REPLIES

The list of ports needing to be open are documented in the OnPlus Users's Guide:

Port 53 UDP (DNS) (unless local DNS servers are used)

Port 80 TCP (HTTP)

Port 123 UDP (NTP) (unless local NTP servers are used)

Port 443 TCP (HTTPS)

Port 14931 UDP (WAN Network Performance monitoring via the OnPlus Network Agent)

Ports 11300 UDP through 11400 TCP (Heartbeat and Tunnels)

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

You expect an IT consultant to read documentation?!  LOL

Are those ports required to be available outbound, inbound, or both?

Thanks for your help.

I understand.  I'm not a big fan of documentation until it doesn't work the first time.  ;-)

Outbound only.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-21020

What outbound ports do I need to open for the OnPlus service to communicate?

The OnPlus service will need for the following outbound ports to be open:

• Port 53 UDP (DNS)
  • Port 80 TCP (HTTP)
  • Port 123 UDP (NTP)
  • Port 443 TCP (HTTPS)
  • Port 11300 TCP (OnPlus heartbeat)

For enhanced OnPlus functionality, the following outbound ports will also need to be opened:

• Port 14931 UDP (WAN Network Performance monitoring via the OnPlus Network Agent)
  • 11400 TCP (Remote device connections)

What inbound ports need to be opened for the OnPlus service to communicate?

No inbound ports to the ON100 will need to be opened. All connectivity will be sourced from the ON100 to the OnPlus service.

Cisco Employee

Thanks sdeftink, was about to jump in with a similar list and link to the documentation

I just wanted to clarify that there is no need to open the range 11300-11400 TCP for output, just need to permit those two individual ports.

-mike

Thanks to all who replied!

Have a good one guys!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content