Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Offline informations

Hello,

Can you please tell me if it is possible to use OnPlus Network Agent ON100 offline

without an internet connection ? (may be it will be possible in the future ... )

This is for users without an internet connection or for users with firewall that cannot

be updated for the tcp ports of ON100.

Thank you very much

Best regards

Everyone's tags (1)
7 REPLIES
Bronze

Offline informations

Hi Jean-Francois,

Yes, an active internet connection is required to use the ON100. We do not have plans at this point for the device to be active without WAN connectivity, but I will add it to our future enhancement list.

Thank you,

The OnPlus Team

Offline informations

Hello

Thank you for your reply.

One of my customers has a "strong" firewall and
the ON100 doesn't works on his network.

The offline capabilities in this case would be a great
alternative to promote the CISCO ON100 product.

Offline informations

We've done work with a NUMBER of firewalls.  I have yet to come across a firewall that won't let you control what ports are allowed outbound from the inside of the network.  If the OnPlus device at your client site has a static IP assigned to it, your client shouldn't have any issues in allowing the specified ports outbound from the OnPlus device to "any" constraining that traffic to the OnPlus device's static source IP.  Can you tell us what type of firewall your client has?

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

Offline informations

Hello

Thank you for your reply.

The problem is that the firewall is managed by another company and it is complicated to apply the port opening.

Best regards.

Offline informations

I can certainly appreciate the challenge that comes from working with 3rd party companies managing the firewalls.  That said, a request with all the pertinent information that they could possible need should be fairly painless.  If not, your client should consider a differnet provider...if I may be so candid.

Here's an example.

"Please make the following adjustment to our firewall configuration.

Source IP:  x.x.x.x [static ip of OnPlus device]

Destination:  Any

Outbound Port Information:

* Port 53 UDP (DNS)

* Port 80 TCP (HTTP)

* Port 123 UDP (NTP)

* Port 443 TCP (HTTPS)

* Port 14931 UDP (WAN Network Performance monitoring via the OnPlus Network Agent)

* Ports 11300 TCP and 11400 TCP

If you have any questions, please fee free to contact [Provence Micros] at [Contact Info].  Thank you for your assistance."

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

Offline informations

Hello

That's what I did today. wait and see... ;-)

Best regards

Offline informations

Best of luck

Views
Helpful
Replies