Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ON100 Failed to update firmware

I have a ON100 that has failed to update firmware either by portal or local device login.

I factory reset the device through device menu and now the device will not boot properly.

Is there an image to reflash to the device by TFTP or what needs to be done to put the factory image back to an operational state?

Everyone's tags (4)
3 REPLIES

HI Robert,

What are the two Status LEDs showing?

Robert

looks like i have spoken too soon.  I had left the unit powered off for a week or so and just powered it back up and is online and re-activated.  Looks like i just needed to be patient and give it another try after being powered off for an extended period of time.  Now that the site has been reactivated the kernel update that had been continuing to fail has upgraded properly now as well.

Thanks for the prompt reply

Glad to hear it ...

We've seen a couple of sites (yours is number two) that had this issue recently. We have timeouts on the donwloads such that it can give this problem if a WAN connection gets really slow. Also, we did see a single case where there was some issues with making https connections (potentially certificate changes), but a simple reboot fo the device cleared that. On reboot, the device also attempts a firmware upgrade.

None-the-less, it is good to know that it is cleared, but we'd want to know if it happens again. We might be too aggressive on our timeouts ... or something of that nature.

Thanks,

Robert

Views
Helpful
Replies