Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

OnPlus device - Other vendor management

Can you add other non cisco SNMP capable devices for basic monitoring with OnPlus. I am talking to a customer who happens to have most cisco devices but do have one Barracuda web filter and one Juniper WLC. They both are SNMP capable non cisco devices. They don't need anything fancy but minimum monitoring or up/down etc.

2 REPLIES
mrn Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We have generic SNMP drivers for switches and routers, and I believe those drivers have been deployed in our production site.

These drivers have to be assigned manually, as we don't have any discovery code for non-Cisco equipment at this time.

Once the driver is manually assigned with good SNMP v2 or v3 credentials, the device will participate in discovery (via CAM and/or CDP), and will have some information included in the topology view.

These generic drivers don't do configuration backup/restore or firmware updates, but they will definitely help give you a more accurate view of your network.

We rely on ENTITY-MIB to get the limited information about the device, BRIDGE-MIB or QBRIDGE-MIB to read the CAM table, RFC1213-MIB to get ARP information, and CISCO-CDP-MIB to get CDP neighbor info. I believe that we can deal with the presence or absence of just about any of these MIBs.

- Mark Nelson

Thanks Mark.

A few more questions.

1. I understand the fact that autodiscovery or configuration management may not work for non cisco devices. However if manually configured, does it at least work for the traps for MIB2 and standard syslog and any polling for MIB2 variables?

2. What kind of reporting does it do for the Cisco devices?

Views
Helpful
Replies