Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

OnPlus Discovered Devices in Autotask

Hello, is there a document outlining how to configure the feature?  If not, can you provide an outline on the steps needed to get the feature going?

Thanks,

Dave

4 REPLIES

Good afternoon,

The instructions for configuring Autotask and OnPlus are available in the online documentation (click the Documentation link at the top of the page and search for Autotask or choose "Integrating Autotask Service Ticketing" from the left nav menu.

In particular, see the section titled "Configure Required API Information to View Discovered Devices"

This is a recent feature, so the online doc is more current than what is posted on Cisco.com.

If your question is not answered in the documentation, please let us know!

regards,

Clare Bernier

OnPlus Service Team

Hi Clare,

I've checked out the "Integrating Autotask Service Ticketing" guide located at https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-17447 but do not see the "Configure Required API Information to View Discovered Devices" section.  It only talks about integrating OnPlus with queues.  Is that the correct location to be looking?

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

This info is currently in the online help available on the portal itself (click the Documentation link on the portal -- it is to the very top of the page, between the Support and Login links.

Here are the instructions for configuring API informationin Autotask (I've copied these from the online help).

Configure Required API Information to View Discovered Devices

Next you must configure Autotask with required API information to view  discovered devices in the OnPlus Portal Network.

1. In Autotask, click the Admin icon on the toolbar at the top of the window. 

2. From the Admin menu on the left, choose Products and Services > Products >  Products.

3. From the Product Search window, click +New

NOTE        The information entered in the fields for Step 4 must be entered exactly as shown.

4. From the Product window, enter the following information:
    Product Name: OnPlus Discovered Device

Product Category: Hardware

Product Description: This product has been discovered by Cisco OnPlus

Product Code: Select from the pull-down menu

5. Click Save and Close.

6. From the Admin menu, choose User-Defined Fields. From the User-Defined Fields - Products window, click +New.

NOTE        In Steps 7 through 9, you will be adding three User-Defined Fields. Enter the  information exactly as it is presented in these steps.

7. From the User-Defined Fields window, click +New and enter the following  information:
   Name*: Device PID
   Description: Device Product ID
   Select Text (Single Line) from the Field Type pull-down menu, then click Save & New.

8. From the User-Defined Fields window, enter the following information:

Name*: Device Type
    Select Text (Single Line) from the Field Type pull-down menu, then click Save & New.

9. From the User-Defined Fields window, enter the following information:
    Name*: MAC Address
    Description: Hardware Address
    Select Text (Single Line) from the Field Type pull-down menu, then click Save and Close.

Let me know if that helps.

regards,

Clare

Thanks!  It did not dawn on me to look on the OnPlus portal itself.  I'm use to coming to the forums for all the documentation.  I was afraid of missing the obvious but I completely did.

Views
Helpful
Replies