Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

OnPlus Discovery and Nexus 5548

Hi,

I've just installed an OnPlus agent for a customer who has a Nexus 5548 with a Layer 3 daugthter card as their core switch but the agent isn't discovering any devices beyond the vlan it is sitting in.  Does anyone have any experience with the OnPlus ageent and Nexus switches.  It's obviously not a supported Cisco device but I've configured login credentials and snmp access to the switch on the portal but still nothing is being discovered.  Any advice greatly appreciated.

Regards

Ian

Everyone's tags (5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Hi Ian,

To discover multi-VLANs, connect the On100 to an 802.1q trunk port. This will allow the On100 to discover other VLANs. It is currently connected to an access port which is limiting the broadcast traffic from the other VLANs.

Although the device isn't currently supported, it should be discovered and allow basic support that we provide for all discovered devices.

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Hi Ian,

To discover multi-VLANs, connect the On100 to an 802.1q trunk port. This will allow the On100 to discover other VLANs. It is currently connected to an access port which is limiting the broadcast traffic from the other VLANs.

Although the device isn't currently supported, it should be discovered and allow basic support that we provide for all discovered devices.

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

Hi,

Many thanks.  I just read your newsletter after I posted and noticed it now supports 802.1q trunks.  I'll give that a try.

Regards

Ian

Bronze

Excellent, thank you for highlighting the correct answer. Keep us updated once you have it configured.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content