Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

OnPlus Event: Error: Cconfig backup gave 404 on UC320W

Good morning,

Receiving this error nightly:

Customer Name

Homeland   Secure IT

Error Event

Device:   Configuration backup

Event Date/Time

2011-12-13   23:26:17-06:00

Device

Hostname:   UC320W-FXO-K9
IP Address: 192.168.100.1
MAC Address: 08:17:35:D0:0D:CD

Cconfig backup gave 404

Any ideas ont this one?  I can browse to the http://192.168.100.1 address without issues.

Thank you,

John

5 REPLIES
mrn Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi John,

During the nightly maintenance window, OnPlus is trying to perform a backup of your UC320W, and failing for some reason.

When the UC320 driver gives this specific message, it is an indication that it was unable to retrieve the device's configuration file using the credentials supplied.

If you open the device dialog for your UC320 from the topology view and go to the credentials tab, you should see a note at the bottom indicating the status of your credentials. A green check box and a success message shows that the credentials have been used to access the device successfully. What do you see on your UC320W?

- Mark

Mark,

You are absolutely correct... It stays "Credentials were invalid when last tried".

The login username is correct, and the password appears correct when I unmask it, but I just entered it again to be sure.

This IS the same login information as used when logging into the UC320W's web GUI, correct?

Thank you,

John

Hrmmm I entered the Username & Password again (The one I use to log into the UC320W web control) and again, OnPlus shows, "Credentials were invalid when last tried"

mrn Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, the same credentials.

Unfortunately, there is a defect in the UC320W driver that breaks when punctuation characters are included in the user name or password. This is corrected in release 6.6 of OnPlus, but I don't know exactly when that is scheduled to be pushed out to our production site. It will probably be within the next few weeks.

If your password contains punctuation characters, could you try changing it to stick with alphanumerics using the UC320W GUI.? After that you can enter the new credentials in the OnPlus device dialog.

After you enter the new credentials and press apply, you can close the dialog, wait sixty seconds, reopen it, and select "Backup" from the actions menu. An attempt will be made to backup your device, and if all goes well two things should happen.

1) Your credentials should be marked as good.

2) You should be able to see this backup in the backup tab of the device dialog.

Sorry for the trouble. We caught this bug in our dev test cycle, but not before it was released in the wild.

- Mark

You are absolutely correct...   I replaced the punctuation characters with typical AlPhA-NuM3r1C characters and boom, it works like a charm now.

That explains a whole lot as several devices here have oddball passwords generated by a random password generator, IE:  Bz7.X9#rK3E!E^&8o  

That was one until I changed it a few mintues ago. I know, heck to type out... hahah

Thanks again!

John

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content