cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

OnPlus helped us restore downed SA540 - kuddos to team

Hello OnPlus Team.

I wanted to give you a quick positive experience with the OnPlus portal and how we were able to use it to restore a downed SA540 at our office.

For some reason, our SA540 that manages our internet and routes the VLAN100 for voice was reset to factory defaults (we think it was inadverntly reset by one of our engineers by mistake). I was able to access the internet by renewing my IP address and login into the Cisco OnPlus portal. Once there, I downloaded the last backup to my laptop and restored the configuration file onto the SA540 using the Restore function in the SA500 GUI. After the SA540 rebooted, our network came back up. We were down for maybe 10 minutes.

Had it not been for the routine backup, we would have spent the better half of the afternoon reconfiguring our SA540 for firewall rules, VPN remote access, site-to-site VPN, etc. So kuddos to the team and we will certainly use this experience with our clients.

All the best,
Bert Wilhelm
MyITpros, Austin TX 

Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY
Community Member

OnPlus helped us restore downed SA540 - kuddos to team

Thanks Bert, great to see the functionality making a difference. As the population and functionality increases hopefully OnPlus will make these types of scenarios easily solved by routine automation tasks, and that will free up your team to work on other opportunities.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content