Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

OnPlus MON port LEDs not always lit/active when connected

I have noticed that the MON port is not always active despite being connected.

The port will go completely dead where even a powercycle of the ON100 will not activate the port (eth1 on the device I believe based on NTOP's displayed config).  The switch (SLM2008 - v2.0.0.10) will also show that no device is connected and moving the ON100 to a different known good port will still appear dead.  Sometimes switching the ports again will cause the MON interface to come to life but not always.

When it is working I have no issue using the SLM2008 port mirroring feature with NTOP to get all the anticipated data however I cannot quite trust this setup yet due to the MON interface not always being active.

Suggestions?

Other than this and a few odd bugs listed in the May release notes that I have hit I am really liking this service despite the lack of RV220W support (hopefully this is in the works from Cisco/TeamF1).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Michael - I assume you've already tried replacing the cable also?

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your post. Have you tried performing a factory reset on this ON100?

It seem you may possibly have a defective unit. Please contact the Small Business Support Center:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

If they determine the unit to be faulty, they will RMA the unit.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

The OnPlus Team

Bronze

Michael - I assume you've already tried replacing the cable also?

My unit had a single pin on the monitor port that was a tad recessed so when the cable rested comfortably in the port after time the connection would drop.

All fixed now.  Thanks for the reply!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content