Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Red Status Lights

The Status lights are blinking red on my ON100 Network Agent. I cannot activate the device onsite. I have done a power cycle and I have done a complete reset of the device. It shows an ip address in DHCP on my server but cannot find the device when I go to activate in the portal. I have opened all ports and even turned off my firewall.

Thanks for any help.

1 REPLY

Red Status Lights

Hi Dave,

Two red LEDs flashing indicates the device is (trying to) download the base software.  This happens when the device is first turned on.  Looking at the base software server, it looks like it has been getting muiltple hits (around 10) from a device with a MAC address 64:00:F1:20:E2:78, starting at 2pm CST today.  Assuming this is yours, we need to figure out why the download is not completing.

The full download is some 48MB, but our logs show less than this is being retrieved each time, although the first time did get the whole 48MB.

Hard to say for sure what is wrong, but a site with a fairly slow connection could take 10-20 minutes to complete the download.  After that, the device will need to upgrade and reboot.  It would then be ready for activation.   At times we have seen sites that run an IPS have problems.  The transfers are via http port 80, and IPS systems (pix, sonicwall, etc) will sometimes detect signatures they don't like in the binary data and interrupt the transfer.  You said you have disabled the firewall -- I'm just mentioning this as it can be of general interest.

Of course, if this isn't the correct MAC, then somebody else is having problems, and we're no further with what is causing you issues.  In that case, perhaps you could email me the MAC for your ON100 and I'll check further.  You can reach me at afullfor@cisco.com or send a PM.

a.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content